27 October 2009, 10am – 2pm
What was the event?
The workshop provided an update for current and potential project sponsors on the research that has been carried out within the SIRT project. Speakers from Edinburgh Napier University, Forest Research and the University of Glasgow covered the following topics:
- Benchmarking the variation in the wood properties of Sitka spruce
- Use of acoustic NDT tools to segregate trees and logs early in the supply chain
- Timber grading
- Links between wood structure and timber performance
- Synthesis of knowledge on Sitka spruce wood properties
- Research into the wood properties of other species.
There was also an opportunity to discuss the current research and the future research strategy.
Workshop flier (PDF-108K)
Who was the event suitable for?
All growers, managers, processors and users of UK timber.
Where did the event take place?
Northern Research Station
Midlothian Eh25 9SY
For further information please contact:
Centre for Timber Engineering
Edinburgh Napier University
Tel: 0131 455 2208