Promoting and sharing good practice in wildfire management
16 and 17 June 2009
What was the event?
The UK’s only national conference on wildfire covered the full spectrum of wildfire activity with seminars, workshops, exhibitors, demonstrations and lively discussion.
The key topics included:
- Towards a wildfire strategy for the UK
- Arson and wildfire - research and case studies
- Partnership working and fire groups
- Wildfire behaviour and suppression techniques
- Incident command systems
- Training - including Eurofire and feedback from the EWF/SWF working group
- Environmental impacts of wildfire
- Summary of FIRES seminars - interdisciplinary research on ecosystem services
- Land management to reduce the risk of wildfire.
Full details of the programme, demonstrations and exhibitors are given on the conference website.
Matthew Jollands of Forest Research presented "Wildfires in Wales - a study of social drivers and mitigation measures" at the conference.
Who was the event suitable for?
Countryside managers, estate owners and managers, Fire and Rescue personnel, emergency planning and resilience staff, foresters, local authority and National Park staff, policy makers, equipment manufacturers and suppliers.
Where did the event take place?
Lyndhurst Park Hotel
See the contact information on the conference website.