23 and 24 September 2009
What was the event?
The conference brought together researchers, policy makers and practitioners from all over the world in discussion about Sustainability Impact Assessment of the Forest-based Sector.
Around the globe, tools for analysing sustainability are being developed to help us make better choices. One of the conference focus areas was on the EFORWOOD project main outcome, the ToSIA tool, a dynamic sustainability impact assessment model that analyses environmental, economic, and social impacts of changes in forestry-wood production chains, using a consistent and harmonised framework from the forest to the end-of-life of final products.
- Sustainability impact assessment in a knowledge-based bio-economy
- Methods for evaluation of sustainability impact from process to sector level
- Case study applications in sustainability impact-assessment
- Greehouse gas balance of the forest-based sector
- Scenario analysis of the forest-based sector and parts thereof.
For full details see the conference website
Who was the event suitable for?
Researchers, policy makers and practitioners
Where did the event take place?
Uppsala Concert & Congress Hall
See contact information on the conference website.