The official launch event of the Rural Research and Strategy Partnership
24th April 2008, 10:00 to 16:00
What was the event?
This event was hosted by the Rural Research and Strategy Partnership (RRSP) and gave key policymakers and deliverers the opportunity to influence the rural research agenda in their region.
‘A Breath of Fresh Air’ comprised speakers, facilitated workshops and Q & A sessions. It provided an opportunity to air important rural issues and concerns.
The keynote speaker was Dr Stuart Burgess, the UK’s Rural Advocate and Chair of the Commission for Rural Communities. The event was chaired by Mike King, the Chief Executive of the Environment Council. Other speakers included:
- Valerie Carter, Head of Rural Delivery, SEEDA
- Philip Eadie, Head of SEE-IN, the South East’s Rural Observatory
- Dr Ed Metcalfe, Chief Scientist and Head of Innovation, SEEDA
- Dr Anja Ueberjahn-Tritta, RRSP Partnership Co-ordinator
- Peter Bunyan, Regional Affairs Advisor, Surrey University
Full programme details (PDF-96K)
Summary of proceedings (PDF-255K)
- Challenges Facing the South East Rural Economy and Developing Solutions (PDF-2479K)
- Introducing the work of the RRSP (PDF-411K)
Dr Anja Ueberjahn-Tritta
- The Rural South East (PDF-1517K)
- Leveraging the SE knowledge base for rural purposes (PDF-233K)
Who was the event suitable for?
Anyone whose activities have an impact on the rural South East and who are interested in influencing the research agenda to inform and help implement their policy decisions. For example, decision makers from:
- Regional policy fields
- Local government
- Rural protection groups
- The voluntary and community sector
- Transport and utility companies
- Heritage groups
- Land management organisations
- Housing and infrastructure developers
Where did the event take place?
Woburn House Conference Centre
20 Tavistock Square
For further information please contact:
RRSP Partnership Co-ordinator - Alison Melvin
Tel: 01420 22255