- Take the A14 eastbound, then the A11, until arrival at the fiveways roundabout at Mildenhall
- Take the second exit, the A1065 to Brandon and, passing Lakenheath airbase, continue in to Brandon
- At the main traffic lights, in the centre of the town, go straight ahead toward Thetford
- After half a mile fork left at the sign reading "Forest District Offices" and head in to Santon Downham village, turn left at the Church and after 100 metres left again
- The field station is at the bottom of the yard, opposite the workshop.
- Take the A11 to Thetford
- On the Thetford bypass take the Brandon road, the third exit off the third roundabout, and about two or three miles after passing the Golf club take a right fork, signposted "Forest District Offices", in to Santon Downham
- Turn right at the Church and after 100 metres turn left
- The field station is at the bottom of the yard opposite the workshop.
Nearest station is Brandon, which can be reached either from Cambridge or Norwich.
Nearest airports are Norwich, Luton and Stanstead.