Joint Continuous Cover Forestry Group/Royal Scottish Forestry Society site meeting
8th September 2005
What was the event?
An opportunity to discuss various issues of continuous cover forestry in west coast Scottish forests. The emphasis was on:
- Silviculture/management of Sitka spruce, larch and Douglas fir mixtures on brown earth soils
- Large dimension Sitka spruce & Douglas fir timber
- Plantations on ancient woodland sites (PAWS) restoration of oak site through thinning
- Dealing with prolific beech regeneration
- Thinning P62 Sitka spruce on medium-high windthrow potential sites
- Possibility of encouraging Norway spruce regeneration.
The day was hosted by Forest Research and the local Forest District staff.
Where did the event take place?
Argyll and Bute PA37 1SQ
Argyll and Bute PA35 1JB
Northern Research Station
Midlothian EH25 9SY
Tel: +44 (0)131 445 2176
Fax: +44 (0)131 445 5124