XXII IUFRO World Congress
8th to 13th August 2005
What was the event?
The theme for the Congress, Forests in the Balance: Linking Tradition and Technology, was jointly developed by the Congress Organising Committee (COC) and Congress Scientific Committee and subsequently signed off by the IUFRO Board:
- To create an interest amongst not only scientists but also the full range of stakeholders with an interest in forests and process technology
- To reflect the importance of tradition and technology, including the increasing importance of indigenous knowledge
- To recognise the role of indigenous peoples, not only as residents but also increasingly as future land managers.
Forest Research presented the following papers:
- Liz O’Brien: "The evaluation of two Forestry Commission health and well-being pilot projects in England"
- Bill Mason: "Sustainable forest management in an era of declining timber prices: a Scottish perspective"
Where did the event take place?
Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
See the conference website.