Technical forestry, environmental and research publications.
- Climate change
Includes impact assessment and monitoring, adaptation and mitigation.
- Evaluating woodland resources and potentials
Includes forest condition surveys and National Inventory of Woodland and Trees.
- Forestry methods and machinery
Technical Development publications evaluations for greater efficiency, improved ergonomics and safety and reduced environmental impact.
- Land regeneration and urban greening
Includes woodland remediation solutions and a list of papers.
- People, trees and woodlands (Social and economic research)
Includes social research, woodland use and benefits, public participation and accessibility.
- Protecting trees and tree health
Includes tree pest alerts and specific pests and diseases.
- Sustainable forest management
Includes silvicultural, woodland and vegetation management practices, timber quality and woodfuel.
- Tree improvement and forest genetics
Exploring genetic variation and breeding better trees.
- Woodland biodiversity and ecology
Includes woodland, habitat and species management, ECOTYPE newsletter and ecological classifications.
- Woodlands and the environment
Includes monitoring, climate change, archaeology, soil and water.
Research information notes
Out of print research publications from the 1980s and 1990s covering various topics and available in PDF format.
Other Forest Research publications
- Latest publications summary
- Tree pest and disease alerts and advisory notes
- Corporate publications
Other Forestry Commission publications
Many of these publications are part of the broad range of Forestry Commission publications that cover many aspects of forestry, including practice notes and guidelines, research reports, bulletins and technical papers.
Forestry Commission on-line publications catalogue includes all such publications with details of how to order printed versions.