These resources are the results of an extensive programme of research conducted by Forest Research.
This research programme aimed to:
- Raise awareness of the historic environment under woodland management
- Review survey and mapping methods
- Provide informed guidance on the management of the Historic Environment to enable preservation
- Maintain close collaboration with heritage organisations
- Increase understanding of the history of our woods
- Monitor and review current management practice to allow further improvements to guidance to be made
- Disseminate information and findings.
Related Woodland Heritage Services
We can help you manage local and regional heritage projects involving woodland and can provide light detection and ranging (LiDAR) services to map the ground surface.