Recent media releases
|Semiconductor To Unveil Jerwood Open Forest Commission Cosmos At Alice Holt Forest||Jerwood Charitable Foundation and Forestry Commission England has announced that an ambitious new sculpture by artist duo Semiconductor (Ruth Jarman and Joe Gerhardt) 'Cosmos' will be unveiled at Alice Holt Forest in Surrey on 22 October 2014. - 22/10/2014|
|New Arboretum Tree Trail Opens At Alice Holt Forest||The new tree trail at the Alice Holt Arboretum, a partnership between the Forestry Commission and the Alice Holt Community Forum (AHCF), has been officially opened. - 17/10/2014|
|New App Solves Problem Of Identifying Young Trees And Shrubs||A new app-based field guide from the Forestry Commission has been launched to help identify almost 100 tree and shrub seedlings under one year old that are commonly found in British woods and forests. - 18/09/2014|
All media enquiries are handled by the Forestry Commission Press Office.
We are Forest Research - the research agency of the Forestry Commission. For detailed information about what we do and our corporate information, please visit the "about us" section on this website.
- Award-winning social research
Forest Research’s social and economic scientists publish wide-reaching research on all aspects of people and woodlands, including award winning work on flood resilience and volunteering.
- Putting a price on the benefits of trees
A recent project measures the true value of Wrexham’s urban trees.
- Sculpture based on climate change data unveiled in Alice Holt Forest
- Likely host tree species for Asian longhorn beetle determined
- Description of Brenneria roseae sp. nov. and two subspecies, Brenneria roseae subspecies roseae ssp. nov and Brenneria roseae subspecies americana ssp. nov. isolated from symptomatic oak.
- Phytophthora austrocedrae emerges as a serious threat to juniper (Juniperus communis) in Britain
Research by Forest Research scientists published in the journal, Plant Pathology, provides clear evidence that the fungus-like pathogen, Phytophthora austrocedrae is a primary pathogen of juniper (Juniperus communis.