Recent Media Releases
|Boosting Conifer Seed Production To Benefit Wildlife||A Forestry Commission Research Note aims to help managers of conifer woods to manage them in ways which maximise the quantity and continuity of seed production as a food resource for wildlife. - 23/08/2016|
|Forest Yield Calculations Go Digital||A digital version of the forest yield models used daily by foresters has been published by the Forestry Commission. - 25/07/2016|
|Stay Alert To Chestnut Tree Pest||The Forestry Commission is asking people to keep an eye out for, and report suspected cases of, Oriental chestnut gall wasp (OCGW), an insect which affects sweet chestnut trees - 20/07/2016|
- Forest Research in Search of Open Grown Trees
- Research assesses the impact of award winning project ‘Grow Wild’
- Award recognises achievements of Forest Research scientist Dr Joan Webber
- Honorary doctorate for Research Fellow who embodies ‘interdisciplinary’
- Reasons to adapt: risks and impacts of climate change for forestry highlighted
All media enquiries are handled by the Forestry Commission Press Office.
We are Forest Research - the research agency of the Forestry Commission. For detailed information about what we do and our corporate information, please visit the "about us" section on this website.
- Tree pest and disease alerts and advisory notes
- Scientific and technical publications
- Corporate publications and minutes
Some of our scientists' work appears on Research Gate.