Recent Media Releases
|Calorie Burning Trails To Get Forest Fit This New Year||Forestry Commission England is helping visitors to burn off excess festive calories this New Year by matching some of its most popular trails to the calorie counts of favourite Christmas treats. - 02/12/2014|
|Dr Mary Barkham Appointed Forestry Commissioner||Dr Mary Barkham has been appointed a Forestry Commissioner for England. - 27/11/2014|
All media enquiries are handled by the Forestry Commission Press Office.
We are Forest Research - the research agency of the Forestry Commission. For detailed information about what we do and our corporate information, please visit the "about us" section on this website.
- Tree pest and disease alerts and advisory notes
- Scientific and technical publications
- Corporate publications and minutes
Some of our scientists' work appears on Research Gate.
- Entomology meeting forges links
- FR appoints a new non-executive director
- New sculpture unveiled at Alice Holt
- Testing non-native ash species for tolerance to Chalara
A new project is underway to identify non-native ash species that possess natural tolerance to Chalara fraxinea, the fungus that causes ash dieback.