Our chemical analysis facility provides a comprehensive range of standard and specialist composition tests for inorganic analysis. With our foliage analysis package we can also recommend a bespoke fertilizer prescription to improve tree nutrition.Our expert staff handle samples from soft and woody plants and trees, soil and water following strict quality assurance protocols.
Our chemical analysis facility is among the top performers in Europe for plant, water and soil analysis. We have ranked No.1 in the most recent EU-wide Interlaboratory comparisons:
- 1st out of 31 European laboratories for soil analysis (European Soil Survey –ICP Forests)
- 1st out of 59 European laboratories for plant analysis (ICP Forests)
- 1st out of 40 European laboratories for water analysis (ICP Forests) from 2nd in the previous interlaboratory comparison.
The laboratory operates under the Joint Code of Practice for Research as our benchmark on quality assurance. We are also a member of a number of proficiency schemes to ensure our work remains of a high standard. These include:
- Yearly water proficiency test under the European Monitoring on Environmental Pollution project (EMEP) (No ranking available)
- water (every other year) and plant (yearly) proficiency tests under the EU programme (ICP Forests)
- Every 3 years soil proficiency tests under the European Soil Survey programme (ICP Forests).
We also use:
- Certified Reference Materials (plant, soil or water) are run in every batch of analysis with matrix matching to maintain the quality of our data which is paramount in research and long term monitoring.
- Reference standards used through out every batch of analysis to assess any significant drift or change in sensitivity.
- Experienced staff some educated to BSc, MSc and PhD level.
We have supported forestry-related research projects for more than 40 years. Through this active participation in research we have acquired significant expertise in testing a wide range of materials and developing protocols.
Our clients include research organisations and university research groups from across Europe as well as environmental consultants, forestry contractors and private woodland owners.
Our tests use state-of-the-art laboratory equipment and instrumentation including our dual view optical emission spectrophotometer which offers low limits of detection and greater accuracy at trace levels.
Costs and Charges
Please consult our price list for standard test charges
We also offer a broad range of specialist tests. Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements so we can provide you with a fully itemised costing
For further information, please contact: