Establishing woodlands on brownfield and contaminated land.
Greenspace can successfully be established to provide a wide range of socio-economic, health and environmental benefits. There are, however, many challenges in designing and implementing solutions for sustainable greenspace development. Our cutting-edge research is designed specifically to address those challanges and disseminate as best practice guidance.
Urban Regeneration and Greenspace Partnership
Providing information on maximising the benefits of green infrastructure (GI) to community groups, local authorities, planners, developers, researchers and government departments.
We provide a range of services to the environmental and remediation sector including:
- Design, implementation and management of research projects
- Development of best practice guidance and decision tools
- Technical consultation for greenspace development on brownfield and contaminated sites
- Evaluation of research and regeneration programmes
- Catchment based critical load assessments
- Brown field site investigations
- Soil-forming material advisory service for land reclamation
- Testing service for novel products/amendments for land reclamation.
For more information please contact:
Land Regeneration and Urban Greening Team
Alice Holt Lodge
Surrey GU10 4LH