Understanding the complex interactions between forests and their physical and historic environment.
Our research on physical environmental issues aims to ensure that forestry policies and practice can support this objective for land management.
- Environmental Change Network
- Forest hydrology
- Integrated forest monitoring
- Intensive long term monitoring of forest ecosystems
- Slowing the Flow at Pickering (flood management project)
- Soil sustainability
See also our climate change research.
- Chemical Analysis Service - of water, plant and soil samples
- Foliar Analysis Service - chemical analysis of foliage with optional fertiliser prescription
- Plant Analysis Service - chemical and nutrient analysis
- Research Forests - Conduct studies with access to 50 years’ scientific data
- Soil Analysis Service - chemical analysis of soil samples
- Technical Services - forest, soil and site surveys
- Water Analysis Service - chemical analysis of aqueous environmental samples
- Woodland Heritage Services - help for land managers to discover and protect what's under the woodland canopy
Services also include:
- Expert advice in environmental research fields
- Environmental impact assessments
- Physical environmental sustainability audits (site/forest specific).
For further information contact: