Working Group 3 (WG3) - PES Cost-effectiveness
WG3's primary objective is to consider the cost-effectiveness of woodland creation measures to improve water quality and providing other benefits. Work will focus on
- Synthesizing evidence on the economic performance of existing PES schemes in COST countries, including wider impacts (e.g employment creation and carbon sequestration);
- Standardising economic and financial metrics;
- Quantifying costs (including agricultural opportunity costs) of woodland creation.
- Quantifying returns on investment, including the societal distribution of returns, and accounting for any AES/rural development program payments; and
- Preparing marginal abatement cost curves.
STSMs will develop best practice in estimating the cost and social effectiveness of W-for-W PES, and identify topics for further study. A training school will be held.
Leader: Alex Chikalanov (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vice Leader: tbc