Mapping & Geodata Manager
Tel:+44 (0) 300 067 4092
620 Bristol Business Park
Simon Dunn joined the Forestry Commission in 2006 as Mapping Officer in the Mapping & Geographic Information Unit (now Mapping & Geodata). Previously he worked for the Rural Development Service (Defra) for 5 years. He completed his BSc in Geophysics from Leicester University in 2001. In 2009 he became the Mapping & Geodata Manager for England & Wales.
Mapping & Geodata Manager (England)
- To manage the staff, work and resources for the Mapping & Geodata Unit for England, based at Bristol.
- To provide a quality mapping & GIS service to meet agreed targets and standards as set out in the M&G business plan and in accordance with customer requirements.
- Balance the demands of customer requests with resources available.
- Estates Support – Maintenance of Deed Management System, Casework Mapping, Land Registration data
- Grants & Regulations – Manage the service providing mapping support for grants schemes & felling licences.
- Loading of new and updated datasets on the Spatial Data Repository (SDR) and mapping browsers.
- Plant Health - Maintenance of a plant health inventory and publishing datasets on data.gov.uk.