When is the event?This event has passed
Where to meet?Laval University
Pavillon Gene-H. Kruger
Conference room 2320-2330
2405 Rue de la Terrasse
Québec, QC G1V 0A6
Do I need to book?
To book please see the conference website
The 8th international conference of IUFRO Working Parties 5.01.04 and 3.02.04: ‘Modelling Wood Quality, Supply and Value Chain Networks’ will take place in June 2016 in Quebec City, Canada.
- Understanding links between silviculture and wood fibre properties
- Building integrated model chains for predicting forest growth, wood quality and value in a changing environment
- Multi-scale modelling of wood properties: from the cell wall to end-products
- Wood supply and value chain modelling and optimisation
- Efficient segregation of fiber supplies
- Enhanced inventory methods for mapping wood quality
- Integration of genetic selection and genomics with tree and wood quality models
- Development and application of simulation tools for the forest sector
Paul McLean will present "Validation of Geospatial Studies on Timber production and properties in Great Britain" (16th June)
David Gil-Moreno's poster will be "Simulating timber production and properties in multi-species planted forests"
Robin Adey-Johnson's poster will be "Multiscale modelling of moisture in wood"