When is the event?This event has passed
Where to meet?Dean Heritage Centre
Forest of Dean
Do I need to book?
please see the event website for more information
This two-day ICF/Forestry Commission/FR event will offer practical insights into methods for site survey, restocking and design planning. Largely field-based, the course aims to give participants a sound understanding of soil identification and site classification techniques, through practical demonstrations. Places for this event are very limited, so early booking is encouraged.
The following topics will be covered:
- Soil formation and soil characteristics
- Soil groups and soil types
- Soil nutrient and soil moisture regime
- Soil sampling techniques
- Vegetation analysis (indicator plants)
- Climatic and topographical site factors
- Principles of Ecological Site Classification
- Principles of species selection
- Site requirements of main tree species