When is the event?This event has passed
Where to meet?Rheged Centre
Do I need to book?
Registration is via the IFM website
Forestry and Fisheries: Where Next?
- Managing forests is acid sensitive catchments.
- Impacts and improvements. Where are we now?
- River restoration through forest and woodland habitat improvement
- Taking action for freshwater ecosystems and sustainable fisheries management
- Flood risk management
Speakers from Forest Research will include:
- Tom Nisbet (Managing Forests in Acid Sensitive Water Catchments)
- Huw Thomas (Slowing the Flow at Pickering - Assessing the Contribution of Large Woody Debris Dams for Reducing Flood Risk)
- Nadeem Shah (The Effects of Conifer Afforestation on a Sensitive Freshwater System – the Upper Halladale Catchment)