The aim of the Urban Regeneration and Greenspace Partnership is to provide information on maximising the benefits of green infrastructure (GI) to community groups, local authorities, planners, developers, researchers and non-government organisations.
The Partnership’s objectives are to:
- Provide a facility within the URGP website that enables individuals, community groups and local councils to promote their greenspace initiatives, events and examples of best practice
- Promote the benefits of greenspace and green infrastructure
- Disseminate best practice, case studies and evidence notes on greenspace establishment and management
- Create an URGP database and a network of research, monitoring and evaluation sites covering local to national spatial scales
- Provide a GI knowledge hub to aid knowledge transfer and the dissemination of evidence on the benefits of GI
- Identify knowledge gaps and research and dissemination priorities
- Develop a common research strategy across all stakeholders
- Build a collaborative research programme based on the findings from the above, which also determines the ecosystem services provided by GI
- Provide information on the partners’ specialist activities related to GI.