22nd June 2010
What was the event?
A single day seminar where Forest Research pathologists and entomologists provided an update on the latest information about tree insect pests and diseases.
The day included a morning session of indoor presentations, followed by an afternoon outside where we looked at and discussed symptoms of insect pests and diseases.
Forest Health Day (Midlands) was held on 6th June 2010.
- Introduction to Forest Research and Forest Health Days (PDF-1176K)
- Acute Oak Decline (PDF-1742K)
- Red Band Needle Blight (PDF-1388K)
- Phytophthora update (PDF-1777K)
Sandra Denman on behalf of Joan Webber
- Insects of oak and their role in oak decline (PDF-1311K)
- Examples of Phytophthora ramorum and P.kernoviae on rhododenron (PDF-647K)
Who was the event suitable for?
Forestry and woodland managers and agents, forestry and woodland owners, and those working in forestry and woodlands.
Where did the event take place?
Grizedale Forest Park
For further information about this event please contact:
Forestry Commission NW Region
Cumbria CA13 9YG