Tuesday 18 May 2010 at 10am
What was the event?
The seminar comprised a series of presentations by Forest Research scientists who were involved in the preparation of Combating Climate Change – A Role for UK Forests (the Read Report) which assesses the potential of the UK's trees and woodlands to mitigate and adapt to climate change. The report illustrates the threat of climate change on Britain's forests, the current impact on our trees and woodlands and the adjustments Britain can make to deal with our changing environment.
- Understanding impacts of climate change on our forests
- The impacts of a changing climate on forest pests and diseases
- Management regime and species choice – options in a changing environment
- Climate change mitigation through forestry measures: potentials, options, practice
- The implications of the Read Report for society and forestry
- Policy context.
- Programme (PDF-50K)
Who was the event suitable for?
Forest owners, agents and managers; policy makers; researchers; students and other individuals or organisations with an interest in climate change and forestry.
Where did the event take place?
The Pavilion Conference Centre
Tel: 01597 823532
For further information please contact:
Forestry Commission Wales
Tel: 0300 068 0075