- Slowing the Flow November Newsletter(PDF-495k)
- Flood Storage Options Update (PDF-25K)
- Programme Board Update - 27 March 2012 (PDF-25K)
Update for the Programme Board on progress since the last meeting and outline the proposed next steps.
- Phase 1 Final Report, April 2011 (PDF-679K)
Final report on the results of Phase 1 of the project including an assessment of success, lessons learned and future plans.
- 12.1: Report on Match Funding Received from Partners during Period of Project to 31/03/11 (PDF-27K)
- 12.2: Assessment Of The Impact Of Upstream Land Management Measures On Flood Flows In Pickering Beck Using Overflow (PDF-2450K)
- 12.3: Report on evaluating potential sites for planting riparian and floodplain woodland (PDF-43K)
- 12.4: Assessing the impact of floodplain woodland planting in the River Seven catchment (PDF-1778K)
- 12.5: Report on Ecosystem Services Valuation (PDF-134K)
- 12.6: List of Media Interviews, Press Articles, Publications in Trade Press and Journals, Presentations given and Events (PDF-42K)
- 12.7: Community Engagement Plan (PDF-335K)
- Land Management Update (PDF-1750K)
Flood alleviation work begins on the public forest estate on the North York Moors.
- Bunded Storage Update (PDF-142K)
Ryedale District Council voted unanimously to support the Bunded Storage element of the project.
Environment Agency, August 2010
- Project Update (PDF-158K)
Using a hydrological model to simulate the rivers and streams in the catchment area and identify how contribute to the risk of flooding downstream. Also considering the use of upstream storage bunds.
By Simon Marrington, 19 April 2010.
- Opportunity Mapping for Woodland to Reduce Flooding in the Yorkshire and the Humber Region (PDF-6947K)
Report considering opportunities for using woodland for flood mitigation within the Yorkshire and the Humber region in north England.
By Samantha Broadmeadow and Tom Nisbet (Forest Research), 2009.
Forest Research Monograph: 1
- Making Space for People (PDF-696K)
Involving local knowledge in flood risk research and management in Ryedale, Yorkshire.
Report of the Ryedale Flood Research Group, 2008.
- Restoring Floodplain Woodland for Flood Alleviation (PDF-1930K)
Final report to Defra for this research project (no. SLD2316).
By Tom Nisbet and Huw Thomas (Forest Research), 2008.
- An Evaluation of the Impact of Large Woody Debris in Watercourses on Flood Flows (PDF-3140K)
Final Report to Forestry Commission (Wales) on Robinwood Project.
By Huw Thomas and Tom Nisbet (Forest Research), 2007.
- Forestry and Flooding (PDF-85K)
Regional Forestry Strategy for Yorkshire and The Humber, Briefing Note.
By Vince Carter (Forestry Commission), 2007.
- An Assessment of the Impact of Floodplain Woodland on Flood Flows
Paper examining the potential role of floodplain woodland in flood alleviation.
By Huw Thomas and Tom Nisbet (Forest Research), 2006.
- The Role of Woodland in Flood Control: a Landscape Perspective (PDF-69K)
Paper considering whether woodland can make a significant contribution to tackling future flooding as part of a whole-catchment approach to sustainable flood management.
By Tom Nisbet and Huw Thomas (Forest Research), 2006.
Booklets and factsheets
- Managing Woody Debris in Rivers, Streams and Floodplains (PDF-1010K)
This booklet aims to promote best practice to farmers, riparian landowners, site managers, drainage boards, anglers, foresters, local authorities, highways engineers, water policy makers, teachers, students and the general public. Staffordshire Wildlife Trust.
- Slowing the Flow in Pickering and Sinnington (PDF-139K)
Community invitation and project factsheet.
Programme Board minutes
The Programme Board comprises senior representatives from the main partners. It is responsible for steering and overseeing the project.
- Programme Board Minutes - 2nd November 2011 (PDF-26K)
- Project update by the Environment Agency - 15 June 2011 (PDF-40K)
- Programme Board Minutes - 2 September 2010 (PDF-32K)
- Paper 10/01 - Progress on Delivery Timetable for Key Milestones (PDF-34K)
- Paper 10/02 - Bunded Storage Update (PDF-120K)
- Paper 10/03 - Land Management Update (PDF-90K)
- Paper 10/04 - Community Engagement Plan (PDF-38K)
- Programme Board Minutes - 17 December 2009 (PDF-75K)
- Programme Board Minutes - 13 July 2009 (PDF-43K)
Programme Delivery Group meeting minutes
The Programme Delivery Group comprises representatives from funding and regulatory bodies plus land owning and managing organisations. It is responsible for developing and implementing the measures approved by the Programme Board.
- Programme Delivery Group minutes - 15 June 2011 (PDF-69K)
- Programme Delivery Group Minutes - 15 Dec 2010 (PDF-23K)
- Programme Delivery Group minutes - 17 September 2010 (PDF-20K)
- Programme Delivery Group minutes - 22 July 2010 (PDF-18K)
- Programme Delivery Group minutes - 28 May 2010 (PDF-23K)
- Programme Delivery Group minutes - 19 February 2010 (PDF-23K)
- Programme Delivery Group minutes - 27 November 2009 (PDF-22K)
- Programme Delivery Group minutes - 9 September 2009 (PDF-69K)
- Programme Delivery Group minutes - 27 July 2009 (PDF-25K)