Inaugural meeting of IUFRO Working Party 7.03.12
3rd July to 7th July 2006
What was the event?
The worldwide spread of invasive organisms, whether insect, pathogen or plant, through international trade is a cause for concern.
This meeting included papers and posters covering any invasive organisms, including insects, pathogens and plants. In this respect, we were keen to encourage linkage between different IUFRO Working Parties and to stimulate debate and exchange of views on all aspects relating to controlling the spread of invasive species.
Conference proceedings (short papers and abstracts) are now available as hard copy (contact Tomasz Oszako) or downloadable in PDF format:
Conference proceedings (PDF-3859K)
Front and back covers (PDF-322K)
- Relying on inspection systems: new methods and measuring reliability
- Developing clean stock programs
- Effects of introducing genetic variation into existing pest populations
- Post-entry quarantine systems
- Predicting invasiveness of plant imports
- Wood Packing materials: presence of bark
- Wood Packing materials: alternative treatments and schedules
- Ecological and economical impacts of invasive species.
Detailed list of topics (PDF-33K)
Conference programme (PDF-135K)
Who was the event suitable for?
Forestry researchers, plant health regulatory authorities.
Where did the event take place?
European Forest Training Center
Regional Directorate of State Forests
Hugh F. Evans, UK - email@example.com
Organising committee members
Kerry Britton, USA - firstname.lastname@example.org