Developing robust and cutting-edge social science research that demonstrates forest’s values to society and the wider environment, informs decisions and actions, and enhances sustainability with particular attention to providing social and environmental justice
ServicesThe Social and Economic Research Group provide a range of social research services to the forestry sector including:
- Advice on the design and conduct of social research
- Research project design and management
- Advice on social issues in forestry
- Evaluation of social programmes.
- Seminars to develop understanding of the role of social science research in forestry
- Conference, on Social Science Research into Woodlands and the Natural Environment.
- Consultations in Scotland, England and Wales exploring the connections between woodlands and the natural environment and public health and well-being.
- The publication of a tool box on public involvement in forest and woodland planning.
For further information contact: