A beautiful filming location...
Westonbirt Arboretum is based in Gloucestershire and its historic, Victorian, picturesque landscape makes it an ideal filming location.
With 600 acres of unrivalled outdoor space including the formality of the Old Arboretum and the natural woodland in Silk Wood, there are many gems of filming opportunity.
The Old Arboretum is carefully designed landscape dating back to the 1850s, with grassy rides and vistas and trees from all around the world.
Silk Wood is a semi-natural woodland with ongoing open space to fulfil all ideas, from deep dark woodland scenes to lavish landscapes.
Westonbirt certainly has much to offer and is known for its spectacular colours in all seasons, creating a magical backdrop for any type of scene.
What's been filmed at Westonbirt?
Westonbirt has taken part in some fantasic projects:
- BBC Seasons: Autumn Watch Live, BBC Wild & BBC Nature’s Weirdest
- BBC Saturday Kitchen
- BBC News, BBC Breakfast & BBC Points West
- BBC Two: The Magical Forest: A Year inside Westonbirt Arboretum with Alan Titchmarsh
- Sky news - early signs of Spring
- ITV: Love your Garden & ITV Westcountry
- The One Show
- Escape to the Country
- Equestrian Sport New Zealand
- Botanic Gardens documentaries
- Various regional TV appearences
If you have any questions or are interested in filming here at Westonbirt, please get in touch with our Communications Manager.