The East England Forest District covers an area from Brighton to north Norfolk, and includes forests in Kent, East Sussex, Essex, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk and parts of West Sussex, Oxfordshire, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
Learning opportunities currently available in this area include:
- Sessions for schools and groups led by Forestry Commission staff at Bedgebury, Kent
- Self-led trails and activity boxes for schools at High Lodge, Suffolk
- Sessions for schools and groups at Rendlesham and Dunwich Forest led by Suffolk Wildlife Trust
- Children’s parties at Wendover Woods, Buckinghamshire, led by Green Schools
- Family and childrens events programmes at the following Forestry Commission sites Bedgebury, Wendover Woods and Rendlesham
- We also provide a variety of downloadable activities that can be done in any forest, so print one off and try it at a forest near where you live.
To find out more about these activities, or about other learning opportunities closer to where you are, please contact the learning team:
Phone: 01580 213045