Wendover Woods is a diverse and ancient woodland with waymarked trails, cycle routes, horse routes and an orienteering course. There are also many open areas for recreation located within the woodland. The central area around the existing toilet blocks and Café in the Woods are known as the ‘Forest Centre’.
We propose to locate two new buildings within this open space, close to the existing buildings, café and car park. We plan to re-direct the traffic in the woods to allow better parking and reduce the impact that cars have on the site.
We propose to make the following changes to the Forest Centre:
- Provide an extension to the current Café in the Woods.
- Build a new toilet block and community room on either side of this new extension. This will provide much better toilet facilities and a community room to use as a classroom for school children and many other purposes.
- Convert the existing toilet block to provide an information centre with a ranger base and first aid room.
- Build a service area with storage and a woodfuel heating system.
- Alter the route of the Forest Drive to take cars away from the Forest Centre.
- Relocate the car park to one side of the Forest Drive to reduce impact on the Forest Centre.
- Create a new all inclusive play trail.
Watercolour of proposals.