Tickets are now sold out!
Live open-air theatre returns to Bedgebury National Pinetum this summer. On Wednesday 29th August, Illyria will be presenting an ingenious staging of much-loved children's classic The Twits by Roald Dahl (adapted by David Wood) in Bedgebury's picturesque Walled Garden.
"This is our fourth year of open air theatre." Says Cath Weeks, Bedgebury's Learning & Interpretation Manager. "The Twits is a show that all ages can enjoy and promises to be a highlight of the summer holidays. Everyone can bring rugs or fold-up chairs and settle down to watch a fun show in a peaceful and atmospheric setting."
The show starts at 2.30pm and runs for one and a half hours, with a 20 minute interval. Refreshments are available and picnickers are welcome. There is easy parking close by.
Terms and Conditions
• This event will continue regardless of weather except in extreme circumstances.
• Tickets will only be refunded if the event is cancelled by the organiser and as long as the full ticket is returned within 28 days of the event date. The booking fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
• Please take care of tickets as duplicates cannot be issued.
• Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian (16+)
• Venue management will not be responsible for injury, loss or damage to personal property brought into the Venue or left in vehicles on site.
• Fireworks, sparklers, BBQ’s or any other item considered to be hazardous by stewards are strictly prohibited.
• Dogs are not permitted during the event, except the use of assistance dogs.
• The Forestry Commission reserves the right to refuse admission.
• The use of ticket/s will constitute acceptance of these conditions by the holder.
Other important information
• Access to the arena opens approximately one hour before the performance starts.
• The performance runs for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes, including an interval.
• Please bring your own seating i.e. either folding picnic chairs or picnic rugs.
• There is ample parking available.
• Food and soft drinks will be available to buy from the venue, but you are able to bring your own if you prefer.
We hope that you thoroughly enjoy the performance and your visit to Bedgebury National Pinetum & Forest.