Strategies relevant to Forests and People, one of a series of seven Guidelines that support The UK Forestry Standard (UKFS).
- The natural choice: securing the value of nature (2011). HM Government.
- Natural environment framework - a living Wales. Welsh Assembly Government, Cardiff.
- The following bodies take the lead on the development of strategies and policies to promote public access and enjoyment of the countryside.
Natural England – www.naturalengland.org.uk
Scottish Natural Heritage – www.snh.gov.uk
Natural Resources Wales – www.naturalresourceswales.gov.uk
Northern Ireland Environment Agency – www.doeni.gov.uk/niea
- National Parks across the UK have policies and strategies for public access and community engagement (many Local Authorities also have access strategies) - www.nationalparks.gov.uk
- The Scottish forestry strategy (2006). Forestry Commission Scotland, Edinburgh.
- Woodlands for Wales: the Welsh Assembly Government’s strategy for woodlands and trees (2009). Welsh Assembly Government, Cardiff.
- Northern Ireland forestry. A strategy for sustainability and growth (2006). Northern Ireland Forest Service, Belfast.
- A strategy to develop the recreational and social use of our forests (2009). Northern Ireland Forest Service, Belfast.