Legislation and conventions relevant to Forests and the Historic Environment, one of a series of seven Guidelines that support The UK Forestry Standard (UKFS).
- UNESCO World Heritage Convention - http://whc.unesco.org
- European Convention on the Protection of the Archaeological Heritage (revised) Valetta 1992 - www.conventions.coe.int
- European Landscape Convention Florence 2000 - www.coe.int
- Forest Europe - www.foresteurope.org
The following legislation is available from www.legislation.gov.uk
- Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979
- Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Treasure Act 1996. In Scotland, it is the prerogative of the Crown to receive all lost and abandoned property which is not otherwise owned. The system under which archaeological objects are dealt with in Scotland is known as treasure trove - www.treasuretrovescotland.co.uk.
- Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) (Scotland) Act 1997
- Historic Monuments and Archaeological Objects (Northern Ireland) Order 1995
- Planning (Northern Ireland) Order 1991