Further reading for Forests and People, one of a series of seven Guidelines that support The UK Forestry Standard (UKFS).
- Community participation and empowerment: putting theory into practice. Joseph Rowntree Foundation, York, 1994.
- Design for outdoor recreation. Taylor & Francis, Abingdon, Oxon, 2008.
- Managing health and safety in forestry. HSE Books, Sudbury, Suffolk, 2003.
- The guide to effective participation. David Wilcox, London, UK, 1994.
- Volunteering in the natural outdoors. Countryside Recreation Network, Sheffield, UK.