Further reading for Forests and the Historic Environment, one of a series of seven Guidelines that support The UK Forestry Standard (UKFS).
Forestry Commission and Forest Service publications
Find Forestry Commission publications related to the historic environment
Find Forest Service publications related to the historic environment
- Ancient monuments in the countryside: an archaeological management review. English Heritage Archaeological Report 5. Historic Buildings & Monuments Commission for England, London, 1987.
- The making of the English landscape. Hodder and Stoughton, London, 1970.
- The history of the countryside. J M Dent, London, 1986.
- Trees and woodland in the British landscape. Revised edition. J M Dent, London, 1990.
- Scotland, archaeology and early history. Revised edition. Edinburgh University Press, Edinburgh, 1991.
- Protected trees: a guide to tree preservation procedures. The Department for Communities and Local Government, London, 2010.