We are proud to announce the publication of The Case for Trees: a publication aimed at people involved in urban planning and development.
There is a growing recognition of the importance of trees in the places that we live and work. They provide benefits for us in many ways. Here are just a few:
- Trees absorb and store carbon and so help us in the fight against climate change
- Trees provide shade and cool our urban centres
- Trees reduce the impact of heavy rain by slowing flood water
- Trees are home to many species of insects and birds and urban trees act as a platform for biodiversity
- Trees improve air quality by absorbing pollutants
- Trees have a positive effect on property prices
This document aims to inspire people involved in planning policy and practice to become champions and advocates for trees.