A minimum of 6 weeks advance notice is required prior to your intended event date, but the longer the better to ensure good planning and to accommodate changes.
What We Need You to Send Us
Guidance Notes (PDF) are available to download, to assist with understanding the application process. You will need to send us the following completed forms :-
- Permission Application form (PDF)
- Risk Assessment form (PDF)
- Copy of Public Liability Insurance certificate to a minimum value of £2 million for low impact activities (small group walking activities with <25 people). For all other activities the minimum insurance cover will be £5 million.
- Evidence of competence if you are planning to use machinery/equipment
- Copy of your vehicle insurance if your permit is for vehicle access only.
- First draft map of the forest area and any routes you wish to use. You should always be able to personally inspect any proposed route. You can use the MAGIC website for this or Ordnance Survey Get a Map.
Who To Send Your Forms To
Please complete both the above in full, sign and send to us at the address below
Grizedale, Hawkshead, Ambleside, Cumbria LA22 0QJ.
Our Landowners Risk Assessment (PDF) must be considered when planning your event.
Forestry Commission byelaws (PDF) prohibit the use of motorised vehicles on our land without written consent and it is ourpolicy to minimise access to motorised vehicles. It is acknowledged that to set up, take down and manage safety at a recreation event a vehicle of some type may be required. Please refer to the FC North West England policy note on the use of motorised vehicles by event organisers, which forms part of the Guidance Notes (PDF).