If you are planning an event or carrying out a commercial (paid for) activity which falls into any one of the categories below then you will need to seek our formal permission.
- participants are charged a fee.
- the event is competitive.
- the event will generate significant car parking requirements.
- motor vehicles are used either as part of the event or in a support role.
- the event will require the closure of an area to protect public safety..
- the event is planned to be held within close proximity to one of our Forest Park Visitor Centres.
- the event location includes a designated site of ecological conservation or heritage value.
- the event involves filming or photography.
- you want to collect or remove materials from our land eg firewood, plants, trees or fungi.
- the event involves someone selling food or other items.
The event organiser is responsible for the activity, the participants and the potential impact it could have on other people around you. Because of general public access, the needs of forest operations and environmental legislation, events must be properly planned to guarantee that they pass off safely and enjoyably for everyone concerned.