The aim of this booklet is to:
- Provide a process for Forestry Commission staff to follow when producing forest design plans, when renewing them every 10 years and when implementing them to meet:
- Forestry Commission policy
- The United Kingdom Forestry Standard (UKFS)
- The United Kingdom (UKFG) Forestry Guidelines and
- The United Kingdom Woodland Assurance Standard (UKWAS)
- Act as a gateway to current guidance on different aspects of forest design planning.
- Provide an audit mechanism for monitoring implementation.