The 2015 Rural Development Plan introduced a number of changes to the requirements placed on the Forestry Commission for the recovery of grant where there is a change of ownership, and specifically where a new owner fails to agree to continue with the scheme signed up to by the previous owner.
It is vital that the FC is informed of a likely ownership change at the earliest possible opportunity. This is so we can point you to further sources of advice and give more specific case guidance where necessary. Operations Note 14 gives general guidance to all owners considering selling, or in the process of selling a property which has benefitted from grants under one of our now, legacy, schemes. If you have any queries following the reading of this then please contact your Local Area Office
Where there is an ownership/occupancy change, the implications on the previous and new owner/occupier varies depending on a variety of circumstances including:
- Grant Scheme (EWGS, WGS, Farm Woods etc);
- whether work has started;
- whether grant has been claimed already;
- whether there are outstanding grant payments;
- the wishes of the new owner/occupier to take on the conditions of the scheme and/or receive future payments;
- the condition of the scheme.