You can now book all BBQs online and up to a maximum of 3 months in advance.
There are 8 BBQs available, which are suitable for family groups and larger parties. The small BBQs cater for approximately 12 people and the large for about 20, however they are yours to use all day. You'll need to supply your own charcoal and tools!
BBQs can only be used if hired from High Lodge, this is to minimise the fire risk. Portable, disposable and personal BBQs and camping stoves are not allowed on site and will be extinguished.
Prices and Session times
- Small BBQ - £15 Available from 11:30am until 1 hour before site closure.
- Large BBQ - £25 Available from 11:30am until 1 hour before site closure.
- There is no vehicular access to any BBQs but you can park close to numbers 3 to 8.
- Please note the High Lodge opening times that are listed on the 'planning your visit' and 'High Lodge Today' pages.
How to book and pay
If you need assistance when booking online please call 03000 680400 (open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) and High Lodge directly at all other times on 03000 674400.
Site entry will need to be paid per vehicle and can be paid on the day of your visit or an All Day site entry ticket can be purchased online in advance.
The following terms and conditions of use apply:
1. The Forestry Commission(FC) bylaws must be observed and any contravention of the condition of issue of this ticket may result in prosecution. 2. The permission holder will indemnify the FC against all or any claim arising out of the exercise of this ticket. 3. Members of the public enter FC land and buildings entirely at their own risk on the understanding that they will have no claim whatsoever against the FC for any loss, damage or injury howsoever suffered or caused. 4. This ticket must be produced upon request to any FC officer who may require the barbecue to be extinguished if conditions are considered dangerous. 5. No natural vegetation to be taken from the forest for burning on the barbecue. 6. Cooking must be confined to the barbecue hearth provided. 7. The named ticket holder will be the responsible person for the control of the barbecue, overall supervision of the proceedings, for the supply of charcoal and utensils and for the removal of rubbish. 8. The site must be left clean and tidy to the satisfaction of the FC. 9. All litter must be taken away and disposed of properly. No bags of rubbish may be left at the barbecue site or by the side of the bins. 10. Hot coals must be left to cool naturally in the hearth. 11. The function is to be conducted in such a manner as to cause no offence to any persons lawfully and peacefully using the forest. 12. No loud or amplified music is permitted in the forest. Lighting generators or other powered equipment are not allowed unless prior permission has been granted. 13. No portable barbecues, disposable barbecues, fires or camp stoves whatsoever are allowed within the forest. 14. Small gazebos are allowed. No party sized tents. 15. Bouncy castles and some other large items of entertainment are not allowed. If in doubt, please speak to a member of staff at the Information Point. 16. There are no refunds for cancellations. In the event of extreme local weather conditions, an alternative date may be agreed with High Lodge subject to the hirer contacting High Lodge before 11am on the day of the booking and subject to availability. 17. Site entry fees are applicable for the duration of your visit. 18. Barbecues are not available over concert weekends and during some other events held onsite. Details posted on the website: www.forestry.gov.uk/highlodge