We have four fantastic barbecue stands to hire for £34 per session, providing you with your own private space to enjoy the woodland surroundings with friends and family.
Within each woodland glade you’ll find a large barbecue stand capable of catering for approximately 50 people and a couple of picnic benches. You will need to provide the charcoal, food and friends.
How to Book:
- Select which barbecue you would like from the map above (Please note: BBQ4 is only available to groups of 20 or less when the other BBQ’s are fully booked)
- Identify which time slot you would like. Please check gate locking times as they vary throughout the year.
- Call the office on 0300 067 4160 to find out availability and provisionally book (provisional bookings held for two weeks)
- Print off a booking form and send with your payment to the office, the address is on the form.
You will receive confirmation of your booking along with the combination number to open the barbecue.
And now some things to take note of:
- The group organiser will be responsible for the supervision of the booking.
- Only Charcoal must be used and no other fires lit in the area. Additional stands may be used as long as they are off the ground and no disposables please. Please note - those on the later slot, the barbecues may still be hot.
- Please take all your litter home with you, including food waste, and leave the site tidy and on time for other groups. Don’t forget to scramble and close the padlock.
- Pay and display parking charges still apply and please ensure you leave the woods before the advertised locking time.
- Unfortunately we do not give refunds for the inclement British weather or other circumstances outside of our control.
- Any cancellations must be made at least one week in advance of the date booked, which will incur a £10 administration charge. No refunds will be made if the cancellation is less than a week before your booked date.
- If you book within 2 weeks of your barbecue date, full payment will be required on booking.
- The Forestry Commission may cancel a booking for health and safety reasons, providing a full refund or alternative date.