Here in the woods we have barbecue stands for you to use, both bookable in advance and turn up and go (first come first served).
You are welcome to use one of the six free barbecue stands located within a large woodland glade, south of the main car park.
Here you will find plenty of space to spread out and play a variety of games. There is a larger glade to the south of the barbecue area with more space for ball games (note - no barbecues here)
The use of these barbecues is on a first-come first-serve basis. However the barbecues are very popular, especially in the summer months, so make sure you arrive early to avoid disappointment. We also allow visitors to bring their own free-standing barbecues from home into the woods for use on the barbecue area only, on the stoned areas provided. We request that if you bring your own that it is kept safely off the forest floor and furniture and that you consider its transport home when hot! We have a strict policy of no disposable barbecues.
We have four fantastic barbecue stands to hire for £34 per session, providing you with your very own private space to enjoy the woodland surroundings with friends and family. Note BBQ3 is currently closed to bookings.
Within each woodland glade you'll find a large barbecue stand capable of catering for approximately 50 people and a couple of picnic benches. All you need to do is provide the coals, utensils, food and friends. For descriptions of the areas, please click here.
How to Book
1. Select which barbecue site you would like from the map (PDF 362kb). (Please note: BBQ4 is only available to groups of 20 or less when the other BBQ's are fully booked).
2. Identify which time slot you would like:-
- 10am to 3pm* (10am—2pm from 29th March to April 9th)
- 4pm to closing* (3pm—closing from 4th Sep 14 to 2nd October 15)
- 1st Jan – 28th March and 3rd Oct – 31st Dec – all day (1 slot only)
- If you want the pitch all day, you can select both. Check gate locking times as they vary throughout the year.
3. Call the office on 0300 067 4160 to find out availability and provisionally book. (Provisional bookings held for two weeks)
4. Print off a booking form (Word 108kb) and send with your payment to the office - address on form.
5. If you book within two weeks of your barbecue date, payment will be required upon booking.
You will receive confirmation of your booking along with the combination number to open the barbecue. Please read the information, terms and conditions information linked to this page before booking your barbecue. Thank you.