The following leaflets and maps are available to order or in some instances to download.
South Yorkshire Community Woodlands
We have a number of leaflets and maps relating to our sites. To obtain any of the leaflets listed below, or to be added to our mailing list please contact us on 01623 822447 or email us.
- Welcome to South Yorkshire’s Community Woodlands – general information about the sites in South Yorkshire, including basic maps.
- South Yorkshire Community Woodlands – handy A5 wallet with individual site cards showing the different trails available, with interesting information about what you can see when visiting.
- ‘Walkies’ in the woods – highlighting a variety of trails across the county which are ideal for dog walking.
- Environmental Education – a general guide for schools and groups about environmental education provision across South Yorkshire. Environmental Education (PDF 506kb)
- Events - a guide to events being run across South Yorkshire Community Woodlands.
- Orienteering Maps - four of the community Woodlands currently have permanent orienteering courses, please contact us for a copy the maps.
North York Moors Forest District
There is a wide variety of leaflets, most available from the relevant Visitor Centres.
- Events 2008 - a free guide to events in Dalby and Guisborough Forests, available from the Visitor Centres and the Forest District Office in Pickering.
- Walking Trails and Mountain Bike Trails - for Dalby Forest available from Dalby Forest Visitor Centre and the Forest District Office in Pickering for £1 each.
- Dalby the Great Yorkshire Forest - a free leaflet showing a plan of the forest and the facilities provided, available from Dalby Forest Visitor Centre and the Forest District Office in Pickering. Also stocked by Tourist Information Centres in the area.
- Guisborough Forest and Walkway - a free information leaflet about the forest and the facilities provided with a map showing the waymarked walks, available from the Forest and Walkway Visitor Centre.
- Bousdale Wood Trim Trail - Give yourself a woodland workout at Guisborough Forest Walkway, a free leaflet available from the Forest and Walkway Visitor Centre.
- If you go down to the woods... - Activities for young people at Guisborough Forest and Walkway, a free leaflet available from the Forest and Walkway Visitor Centre.
- North York Moors Forest District Information Note - a leaflet providing background information about a wide range of topics relating to the Forest District. Information Note No 14 (PDF 1507kb)
- Adderstone Rigg Orienteering Course - Maps available from the Dalby Forest Visitor Centre, £2 each.
- Your Forest Your History - The story of landscape and settlement in the Forestry Commission woods and forests of North Yorkshire - free leaflet from the Visitor Centres and the Forest District Office in Pickering.