The natural environment provides a stimulating setting for many outdoor and environmental learning opportunities. Wherever possible visits are held outdoors.
The team utilises many different habitats to give young people the opportunity to learn in - and about - the natural environment. Topics covered range from literacy to numeracy, art, science and climate change.
The Education, learning and sector skills team delivers learning experiences throughout Wales:
- FREE to educational settings in Wales.
- Led by experienced Education Officers who are CRB checked and first aid trained.
- All activities are risk assessed.
- All ages and abilities catered for.
- Curriculum linked themes and activities.
- Variety of local sites across Wales.
- Visits available in Welsh and English
- Pre and post visit resources are available for some topics.
- Visits can be tailored to meet individual requirements.
For more information about educational visits please click on the relevant age group:
The following trails are available at some sites:
- Animal puzzle
Self-led visits can be arranged. Please note, if you wish to self-lead a visit you must pre book the site with your local Education Officer.
For more information and to book your visit contact your local Education Officer.