The Forestry Commission is the Government Department in England responsible for protecting, expanding and promoting the sustainable management of woodland and forests, and increasing their value to society and the environment.
The Forestry Commission wishes to identify an exceptional candidate to be appointed as chair for its Regional Advisory Committee (RAC) in Yorkshire and The Humber.
- Providing advice to the Commission in the delivery of both national (e.g. England's Trees, Woods and Forests) and regional forestry policy (e.g. Regional Forestry Frameworks).
- Conciliating and advising the Commission through the Regional Director in all disputed applications for grant aid, felling licences or approval of operational plans.
- Informing the Commission of matters of regional or local concern
- Knowledgeable, with a wide range of expertise regarding strategic forestry matters in their region.
- Experience of chairing statutory committees, strong leadership and representational attributes
Appointment is scheduled for December 2007 until November 2009. Time commitment is expected to be 10 days per annum for which remuneration will be £2500 per annum. The Commission will meet expenses and travel cost incurred in respect of the appointment. The RAC usually hold 3 meetings a year at different venues around the region, and there are also 2 meetings held each year between all RAC chairs and the Forestry Commissioners in Spring and Autumn. The Forestry Commission is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you think you can play a leading role as RAC chair for Yorkshire and The Humber, then we would like to hear from you. You may wish to contact Ayo Awoyele at Forestry Commission, England National Office, Great Eastern House, Tenison Road, Cambridge CB1 2DU. 01233 346018 or, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: 09/11/2007