There are plenty of great woodlands and forests in England to take your dog for a walk. Try Forestry Commission woods for everything from leisurely strolls to energetic treks with your dog.
Top five dog walks
Here are five top dog walks for you to check out.
- Grizedale Tarn Trail (Grizedale, Cumbria)
- The Red Walk (Great Wood, Somerset)
- Haldon Forest Park (Exeter)
- Wilverley Wander (New Forest, Hampshire)
- Coatham Wood Dog Activity Trail (Dalby Forest, Yorkshire)
Great Grizedale Dog Walk
Join us for a free family friendly dog walk at beautiful Grizedale Forest. The walk is on the picturesque Grizedale Tarn Trail, which takes you to Grizedale’s only natural tarn. Two of the newest sculptures, “Romeo” and “Concrete Country” can be seen on the trail. This is a 3.5 mile medium-graded walk.
CaniCross (canine cross country)
CaniCross (canine cross country) is running with your dog. No special training or equipment is needed, other than your dog. CaniX UK cater for all shapes and sizes, any breed and all fitness levels canine and human. Humans from the age of ten and dogs from the age of one onwards can compete.
CaniX UK attracts all levels of runners from ultra-distance athletes, marathon and fell runners who achieve sub 6 minute mile times to first time runners and those who just enjoy getting as dirty as their dog. No matter what level of runner, all enjoy the camaraderie of our events.
CaniX UK aims to:
- promote a healthy lifestyle for you and your dog and responsible pet ownership.
- inform, advise and motivate people of all ages and abilities via the handbook, website and events to achieve their personal health and fitness goals.
- make people aware of the benefits for both human and dog.