- Ian Gambles, Chair
- Judith Webb, Non-Executive Commissioner
- Keith Oates, Non-Executive Commisioner
- William Weston, Non-Executive Member
- Sarah Hendry, Non-Executive member (DEFRA)
- Simon Hodgson, Chief Executive Forest Enterprise England
- Steve Meeks, Finance Director
- Richard Greenhous, Director Forest Services
- Mark Funnell, Head of Communications
- PK Khaira-Creswell, Head of Executive Office
Terms of Reference
The National Committee for England is responsible for:
- working with the Westminster parliament and Whitehall departments to develop and promote forestry policy which meets England’s needs
- giving strategic direction to the Forestry Commission’s activities in England to ensure delivery of the England Forestry Strategy.
The National Committee will support the Forestry Commission in England to work in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders and supporting woodland owners and the wider forestry sector, in that country to deliver the England Forestry Strategy.
- identifying and allocating the resources required to meet objectives and monitoring performance in that country against agreed objectives.
The National Committee will review and approve corporate plans. It will ensure appropriate stewardship of assets and use of public money.
The National Committee will regularly monitor financial and other performance and approve the annual reports for the Forestry Commission in England.
- setting targets for, and managing the performance of Forest Enterprise England in managing the public forest estate
- ensuring the safeguarding of resources in that country through internal control systems.
The National Committee will support the Accounting Officer, who will take advice from the Audit Committee for England, in ensuring that the business is effectively controlled. In particular, it will ensure that systems are in place so that Commissioners are made aware in good time of any significant issues which would impact on the proper discharge of their duties.
Forestry Commission England Audit and Risk Committee