There is a charge for vehicle access within the forest to assist with the maintenance costs of the woodland facilities. You can pay on-site at a machine or buy a Discovery Pass for a year's worth of free parking.
Please note that you will need to have change or a credit card with you to pay for parking.
Our parking charges are:
£1.80 up to 1 hour
£3.00 up to 2 hours
£4.50 up to 3 hours
£6.00 up to 4 hours
£8.00 over 4 hours
£20.00 minibus parking
£50.00 coach parking
£50.00 Discovery Pass (available online or from the Forest Office Monday - Thursday).
Car Parking System
We have implemented a ticketless barrier system using number plate recognition. This will mean that you will only pay for the exact length of your stay, so you can relax, without worrying about your car park ticket expiring.
How the new system works:
- When you drive up to the barrier system for the first time, the number plate recognition technology will record the details of the vehicle’s number plate for that particular visit and remember it for future visits.
The barrier will then automatically raise to allow you to enter.
- When you park your car, please take a note of or remember your number plate.
- At the end of your visit, you will need to go to a pay machine, type in your vehicle registration number and the machine will then display the payment required. Payment can then be made with cash or payment card and a receipt will be issued if required.
- Once payment has been made, the transaction is automatically registered so that when your vehicle approaches the exit barrier, the number plate will be recognised and the barrier will lift to allow your vehicle to exit the Forest.
- Discovery Pass holders will automatically be registered with the system and will be able to access and egress automatically.
- In line with national policy, parking charges apply for blue badge holders.
There is no parking charge for schools coming on visits led by Alice Holt staff. For all other schools the above parking charges apply, payable on the day. All schools are required to make a booking for their visit.