The aim of the update is to consolidate and extend the life of the Standard and Guidelines (last published in 2011) by a light-touch review that will:
- Ensure the series includes recent changes to legislation relevant to forestry and other regulatory requirements.
- Reflect key policy changes arising from increased devolution.
- Update with developments in the organisations and mandates of the forestry authorities (e.g. NRW replacing the Forestry Commission in Wales).
- oversee the project and provide guidance;
- agree technical content and extent of editorial changes required;
- agree suitable specific subject leads/contacts for each aspect of sustainable forest management;
- liaise with the respective forestry boards.
An important consideration will be the format and publication of the next, fourth, edition. It is likely that this will be fully digital and optimised for both desktop computers and mobile devices.
It is expected that the new edition will in place by the end of 2016.
For more information contact email@example.com