Having a hard time finding (and keeping) your running motivation mojo? Try some of these tips to keep you coming back for more.
1. Set yourself a goal. Sign up for a race, set yourself the target of a longer loop to run, or promise yourself to try a new trail next time you come running. It all helps to keep things interesting, and you on track. Write down your progress to see how you've improved.
2. Bring a friend. It’s always easier to stay motivated on your runs if you run as part of a pack. Try running in a group, or at least bring a friend. It will make a big difference – especially if you need to get a run in on a day when you feel more like staying beneath your duvet.
3. Try a run with a difference. Keep variety in your running. Go for longer distance runs to build up your stamina, and make sure to include speed sessions and interval training on another run. You’ll notice a big difference in your running style.
4. Do something else in the forest. Have a day of rest, too. You can go for a walk, a bike ride in the woods, or even just a cup of coffee in one of our many cafes. Or you could even try a Go Ape tree top adventure.
5. Visit a new forest. There’s nothing like new surroundings to keep you motivated and exploring the trails. Not been to a forest in your neck of the woods, and always wanted to go? Make sure to pop your running shoes in your bag and go and explore!