The Central Scotland Green Network (CSGN) Learning Outdoors Fund was established to assist all educational establishments (nursery, primary, secondary) in the CSGN area.
Funding has been made available to -
- Develop school grounds for learning and natural play
- Develop the surrounding area of woods and greenspace for learning and natural play
- Provide equipment for learning and natural play outdoors
(learning equipment and other tools, clothing)
- Contribute to training or other resources for outdoor learning and natural play.
A minimum of £200 to a maximum of £350 per application is available with only one application per educational establishment allowed. If awarded, funding must be used, project completed and reported on before 1st March 2013.
After an overwhelming response, 103 nursery, primary and secondary schools in the CSGN area were successful with their bids to last year's Learning Outdoors Fund.
The following Case Studies are examples of the wide range of great projects that successfully received funding from the CSGN Learning Outdoors Fund:
- Allanton Primary Nursery Class (PDF 56k)
- Currie High School (PDF 99k)
- Our Lady & St Joseph's Nursery Class (PDF 93k)
- Townhill Primary School (PDF 57k)
CSGN Learning Outdoors Fund Application Process & Form
The application process information sheet (PDF 47k) provides you with more details regarding the CSGN Learning Outdoors Fund. You can apply for funding and start completing your online application by visiting the CSGN Learning Outdoors Fund web page.
Natural Play definition:
Child-led outdoor play that takes place either in natural spaces or in playgrounds where natural elements have been introduced to enrich play. These elements can include structural changes such as:
- dips and hollows,
- large bespoke sand play areas,
- willow dens,
- trees and shrubs as well as 'loose natural materials' such as straw bales, sticks, cones, bark, water, mud (and storage facilities for these).
If you have any queries relating to applications, please contact Karen Boyd, FCS Education Advisor at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mobile: 07747 474790.