This page provides additional information to help you prepare your proposal.
- Should you need assistance please contact your local Forestry Commission Scotland conservancy office.
UK Forestry Standard
Ongoing approval process flowchart
Sustainable Management of Forests
Sustainable Management of Forests - Native Woodland Option
SMF Restructuring Felling and WIG Restructuring Regeneration Options
Note cut-off date of 4th April 2012, beyond which you must have an approved Forest Plan for woodland areas over 100 hectares to be able to apply for these two options. Transitional arrangements from 4th April 2011.
New rules also apply to woodland areas less than 100 hectares.
Guidance on the eligibility rules for this RDC option.
Woodland Grazing Toolbox
Key species conservation
These notes describe how to use the range of SRDP options available to support the conservation of key species, focussing on woodlands and adjacent areas.
- Download support for juniper conservation (PDF 181k)
- Download pearl-bordered fritillary technical guidance (PDF 58k)
- Download chequered skipper technical guidance (PDF 53k)
- Download red squirrel technical guidance (PDF 48k).
Species Action Notes
Notes that summarise the action to help conserve six key woodland species in Scotland, both in private woodlands and on the national forest estate.
See the Species Action Note page.
Open habitat restoration guidance
Guidance to help those considering Rural Priorities (RP) applications for the permanent removal of areas of woodland to improve biodiversity by creating or restoring open ground habitats.